Thursday, June 10, 2010

Residential Life with Summer Scholars

As Friday 4,2010 drew closer so did my excitement and nervousness. I was headed to Scott Residence Hall for my week stay. I would be sharing a suite with three strangers from other schools. Would they like my personality, would they enjoy my company, would they be kind? These were only a few of the questions that circled my thoughts. As I walked through the hall's door, my hands began sweating and my heart was pounding like crazy.


I only knew three of the Summer Scholars and I stuck with them for the first two hours. After a while went by I was determined to meet more than two new friends. I only got to interact with two of my roommates because the third one was occupied with juggling a job and class after we began on Monday 7. Not only did i become friends with Summer Scholars, but also with my resident tutor advisors (RTA's). Some of them were still current college students. A few had already graduated.


Our RTA's not only helped us feel comfortable at the hall, but they also tried helping us on anything they could. They answered any questions we had about our first day and they also enjoyed interacting with us. They shared their college experience with us. When we started the first day, they helped us on our homework and explained everything as well as they could. The week came to an end. It was time for packing and for good byes to be exchanged.


No comments:

Post a Comment